Beds, Built-ins, Other Work
Exhibitions, Galleries, News
Teaching and Student Work
Welcome to my portfolio.
My work encompasses:
website showcases my furniture design and build projects, as well as
related woodworking, primarily joinery. In addition there is a
selection of my articles on a variety of woodworking subjects.
- Furniture designed, made and shown at exhibitions and galleries.
- Commissioned one-off design and make items and batch design and make projects.
and management positions in wood based production environments,
including furniture, and joinery manufacture for museums, retail
outlets, long-term and short-term exhibitions and/or expositions, trade
events, etc, coupled
with extensive experience in senior roles in the Higher Education
- Consultancy and advisory roles on
furniture and joinery design and its manufacture including
devising technical solutions, estimating, and project management.
- Advice and guidance on timber technology issues, and occasional provision of expert opinion in legal disputes.
learning material for teaching sessions, lectures, speaking
engagements, and seminars. Preparation for and delivery of training on
a wide range of furniture related topics drawing
upon my many years as a qualified professional furniture designer
maker, as well as my experience working in the education sector.
- Additional roles I sometimes undertake are those of a juror in furniture competitions and to sit on exhibition
- Writing. Numerous articles on furniture subjects have been published in trade journals in both the UK and the USA. Links to a small selection of these articles can be found in the Articles
- Trees, Wood and
Woodworking (working title) my book on
timber technology is scheduled for release in 2018, hopefully early in
the year rather than later. Parts of the book may also be available in
digital format. It is being prepared by an
American publisher that specialises in craft subjects who are working
from my original peer reviewed, academically formatted and illustrated
can provide a range of expertise on furniture, joinery and
related woodworking issues. Services available range from the high
quality making of items from basic machining, to workbench, to wood
finishing. I can provide help with design research and development,
estimating costs and/or time, technical advice on
processes and procedures, and project planning in order to improve
production of furniture and
joinery. I also undertake occasional teaching
of furniture and joinery subjects, and provide expertise on
timber technology issues. I can help those experiencing
problems with their products, such as joinery failure, finishing or
and insect infestation, to providing qualified expert professional
a client and a furniture supplier/maker.
mobile: 0776 960 0912
- To explore how I may be able to help you with any of the above please get in touch through the contact means listed below: